A Mother Finally Got the Help She Needed for Her Troubled Son -- By Having Him Arrested

Jamie Peachey
Phoenix New Times | October 13, 2009
If you have a seriously mentally ill kid, and you can't afford treatment, you can have your kid hauled before a judge. And that judge has the power to get services for your kid -- as long as you're willing to give up custody of your child to the state of Arizona.

Phoenix New Times

Phoenix New Times detailed stories of abused children but with a chilling twist -- these kids were routinely being mistreated by state officials in juvenile corrections facilites. The series and follow-ups sparked a federal inquiry and call for reform by...
More »
Contact for Reprint Rights
  • Market Served: Metropolitan Area
  • Address: 1201 E. Jefferson St., Phoenix, AZ 85034
  • Phone: (602) 271-0040